Friday, October 07, 2005

Aaaah...

I made it! Praise the Lord! Not only did I live through this week, but so far the news about grades is good. Of course, I've only gotten one grade for this week, but it was my latin midterm, and it was really good! I didn't get enough sleep all week, and so this morning I was feeling dead tired. But in chapel this morning, something providential happened.

A group of high school kids was here, doing one of those things where they play a song over the speakers and kind of mime-act it out. It wasn't bad, but I didn't really get into it that much. But then they got ready to do their last song, and the guy in charge said something about the "be still and know" verse. That was just what I needed to hear. Then they did their finale, and they used two songs: "The Journey" and "Be Still and Know", two of my favorite SCC songs for when I'm tired and down.


Be Still and Know

by Steven Curtis Chapman

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is holy
Be still oh restless soul of mine
Bow before the Prince of Peace
Let the noise and clamor cease

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is faithful
Consider all that He has done
Stand in awe and be amazed
And know that He will never change
Be still

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is God
Be still
Be speechless

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know He is our Father
Come rest your head upon His breast
Listen to the rythm of
His unfailing heart of love
Beating for His little ones
Calling each of us to come
Be still
Be still

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see ya made it buddy. I was very happy with my bio quiz grade today. I'm still terrified to think what I got on Theology...........Let's not go there... lol

Sleep deprivation is commonplace unfortunately, which is why I must retire right about now!