Monday, November 06, 2006

Who am I?

I've decided on a course of action. I'm going to quit PHC, go to acting school, take voice lessons, and become a stage actor. One day I'll star in Les Miserables as Marius...or Javert...or one then the other. Oh, and of course I'd have to do Curly in Oklahoma. And Perchik in Fiddler on the Roof. Any more?

One problem with my plan...okay, two. Okay, more than that. First, I'd have to leave PHC, which would mean leaving a lot of really good friends. Besides, I love the journalism major--especially since we have Dr. Sillars. And I'm kind of naturally inclined toward finding things out (as Nick R. has discovered). And now the journalism major sounds better than ever: we have the option of taking upper level CLA courses rather than upper level government courses. Besides a history class, a lit class, and a writing class, that would mean taking a political theory class--more Dr. Mitchell! Of course, the biggest reason I can't leave (for now) is that I'm still convinced this is where I'm supposed to be. Until I'm convinced that God wants me somehwere else, I'm better off sticking it out here, even when I'm tired, frustrated, and I can't go on any more--In short, on Fridays.

I guess for now I just have to stick with listening to musicals on iTunes. Maybe eventually I'll even get to go see one.

Who am I?
Can I conceal myself for evermore?
Pretend I'm not the man I was before?
And must my name until I die
Be no more than an alibi?
Must I lie?
How can I ever face my fellow men?
How can I ever face myself again?
My soul belongs to God, I know
I made that bargain long ago
He gave me hope when hope was gone
He gave me strength to journey on

Who am I? Who am I?
I am Jean Valjean!

2 comments:

Joe-Joe said...

Macduff exchanges his Scottish plaid for an opera score. It could be interesting…I’d come and listen.

Oh, and I changed the umpire… :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, listening to musicals can do that to you. Thanks for deciding to stay at PHC. :-)