Thursday, November 23, 2006

Shane! Come Back!

I can't believe I never saw Shane before. It has to be the greatest Western I've ever seen. It has great fistfights and gunfights, but it's different from most Westerns in that it has a plot (and a good one at that), character development (even for the bad guy), and emotion. If you haven't seen it, all I can say is that you ought to. Shane is my new hero.

It also has some good quotes. Exemplia gratia:

Joe: "One thing a married man has gotta get used to is waitin' for women."
Joey: "Hurry up, ma!"
Joe: "Sometimes the waitin' is worth it. You take care, Shane, you get a woman that's worth waitin' for."

Shane: "Set 'em up, bartender. Two whiskeys. [to Chris] You bought me a drink the last time I was in here. Now I wanna buy you one."
Chris: "You ain't gonna drink that in here."
Shane: "You guessed it." [he throws one on Chris's shirt, the other in his face, and sends him reeling with a punch]

And of course:
Joey: "Shane! Come back!"

No comments: